The CUNY Games Conference is four days away
To prepare for the event, here’s a game to play
A collection of riddles, of images and cues
Relating to posters which you shall peruse
On the day of the conference please visit the hall
Where you shall find posters and game demos all
Match each of these clues with its poster/demo name
to be entered in a raffle, a chance to win the game.
One of these riddles is different than the rest
It relates to 1302, where, to pass the test
When it comes time for Game Play, you’ll enter the room
and find the box with the answer. Good luck, and see you soon.
Each of these riddles relates to a poster or game demo that will be presented in the Poster and Game Demo sessions on Friday. Walk around the room and see if you can match each clue to the correct poster/demo. Then, submit your completed form to be entered in a drawing. Forms will be available at the conference, but you can get a head start by reading poster/demo names on the schedule at our website: https://gamesconf2019.commons.gc.cuny.edu/schedule/
- Psychologists claim we remember words best by first consonants. When your first name and last name have identical consonants that makes for memorable superhero names and alter egos. Can you identify these mirrors? DD, WW, PP, NN, RR, BB? 4 of 6 are Marvels!
- Which demo/game am I? These tiny bots want to help you solve their problems! Meanwhile, this strange alien robot is trying to stave off disasters, and it’s time to collect some amazing gems!
- Stage a coup. Assassinate your enemies. Avoid exile. Be the one at the bank with the most money and win!
- Team-based learning is one way to learn
And when it is game-based, XP can be earned
Travel through time, rediscover the past
Learn how music evolves and legacies last.
- Do we shelve this poster in GV1312? Or P96? We seek to describe media literacy games, match them to learning outcomes, and then test which games work best with students. Find the librarians at the conference and we’ll open up a classifying wormhole for you to explore.
For warm fuzzy feelings like poodlesAnd emotional awareness in oodlesFor a game about bondingThis is not worth absconding
You must come and play ______!
- See images below. What poster or demo do they relate to?
8. This presenter sent three cryptic clues, meaning you have three chances to figure out the demo/poster they relate to:
There are few codes in the following two sentences thatdescribe my game. They include the name of the game, the benefits, and major parts of my process.Our freedom to dream and overcome any anxiety or difficulty by being resilient and taking action with faith or conviction in our interaction with ourselves and the rest of the world to connect every piece of the universe to the source of one nation-the human race- is a path for everyone to achieve his or her dreams and live a life of significance. This journey is a mind booster!
Click here for the second and third cryptic clues: my contribution to your blog post. decode and win!
8. Try using Caesar’s technique with a key of 3 to decode this message: FBEHUVHFXUHG
10. Visit the Game Play room (1302) at any point during the conference to play tabletop games and answer this final riddle:
What will you sell me? What shall I buy?
This game is a fun one, both to play and modify
Bring a banana wand, money magnet, joke parade
In this game approved by Mensa, with slippery deals to be made.
If you have not already, please remember to register for the conference: https://cunygamesconf5.peatix.com/
See you Friday!